About photoEdge

Waxhaw, NC, United States
photoEdge is a photography studio in Waxhaw, NC. My passion is photographing people, whether at weddings, as babies, or in families. You can check out my business web site at www.photo-edge.com.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello!!

Well, it's taken awhile, but we finally have a blog!! Yay......... I think. :o)

Let me start out by introducing myself (for those of you that don't already know) and giving you a brief history of photoEdge. My name is Christy Collins and my business partner is Dave Edge. Both Dave and myself migrated from sunny California to humid North Carolina. Dave and his family moved here about 4 years ago. After 3 years of working for another company Dave decided it was time to follow his dream and start a photography business. This happened about the same time I graduated from photography school in CA and after many months of thinking and praying, I moved out here in January 2007. Thus the birth of photoEdge, LLC. Now both Dave and myself work full time photographing weddings, families, children, high school seniors and sometimes even dogs. I say we work full time photographing, but in all reality only about 10% of our work is actually behind the camera! Most of our days our spent in front of a computer desk wishing we were behind the camera :o)

Now for the good stuff! Or at least I think it's the good stuff. This weekend is the penultimate weekend of our busy wedding season. Tomorrow Dave and I get to drive to Asheville at 7:30am and drive back at 11pm so that we can be up and ready for another wedding in Charlotte on Sunday. After the next 2 weekends we will have photographed a total of 11 weddings in 13 weeks! Talk about busy!



Not only have we been busy with weddings, but we've also been keeping ourselves busy with family portraits. Last weekend we go the chance to travel to Myrtle Beach to photograph a family at their beach house. Minus the wind, it was a beautiful day!



That's about it for now. Keep checking back for more updates and don't forget to call and schedule your session!!






No comments: