About photoEdge

Waxhaw, NC, United States
photoEdge is a photography studio in Waxhaw, NC. My passion is photographing people, whether at weddings, as babies, or in families. You can check out my business web site at www.photo-edge.com.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Everything I needed to know...

This morning in my routine blog reading, I came across a wonderful idea on Holly Furtick's blog. In a tribute to Mother's Day, I wanted to share some lessons and notable sayings from my mother.

It started with the question: "MOM! Have you seen my _______?" And was followed by: "It's wherever you left it." Then came the 5 words I hated hearing because it meant I was on my own: "Seek and you shall find." This phrase was most often used in my house during the frantic tearful search... many times at the very last minute possible. To this day, when I can't find something the first thing that pops in my head is "It's wherever you left it. Seek and you shall find."

During any movie or tv show with questionable content I got: "Now Christy, is that right?"

Then of course there was the time I was home visiting from college and she said "Christy, I'm gonna teach you how to cut a whole chicken."

And whenever I was too "sick" to go to school I was told "If you REALLY feel like you are too sick to go to school I'll let you stay home." Which was generally followed by me feeling guilty for trying to make my runny nose seem like the flu. Which ultimately led to me attending school with a box of kleenex.

And my personal favorite:
"Don't drive when you're tired. You might kill a small family."

Thanks Mom!

No comments: