About photoEdge

Waxhaw, NC, United States
photoEdge is a photography studio in Waxhaw, NC. My passion is photographing people, whether at weddings, as babies, or in families. You can check out my business web site at www.photo-edge.com.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A few things about Dave

Christy added 10 things about her so I need to keep up.

1. The most important thing about me is my relationship with Jesus. He is the strength of my life and the motivation for each day.

2. Next, of course, is my wonderful wife, Aileen. This year we are celebrating 22 years of marriage. Each time I photograph a wedding, I am reminded of our wedding day, and my very best friend.

3. Ok, enough of the mooshy stuff. I do need to mention my five kids. While they have given me more than my share of gray hairs, I would not trade a single one of them. The oldest is now away at college and that certainly opens up the windows for the winds of change (poetic isn't it?).

4. I have always had a passion for photography. Doing it as a job is definitely different than having it as a hobby. Many people do not want to make their hobby their job because it is no longer fun for them. I have to disagree on this one. Photographing people is always exciting and every job is different because each person is unique. There is infinite variety and opportunity for creativity.

5. For my geeky side, I do love and hate computers. There is nothing else in life that is so incredibly useful and yet can be so incredibly frustrating as a computer. I have never enjoyed working on cars but I never hesitate to get the screwdriver out when the computer fails. There is something wonderful about writing programs and seeing them come to life in a computer.

6. The geeky part does not end with computers. Since Junior High, I have enjoyed coin collecting. My favorites are very old coins. An old coin will bring history to life and evoke thoughts and images of times past. I once asked a friend why he purchased an old Humvee. He told me that if I had to ask, then I would not understand. Perhaps coins are the same way.

7. While I no longer fit the part, I once was a very avid bicyclist. Perhaps this is one of those things that never leaves. My biggest accomplishment was riding the entire California coast and 3/4 of the Oregon coast in one summer.

8. If you are going to eat food, then why not make it spicy? I have been given a family, in which none of them like spicy food! So, if you ask me where I want to go to lunch, it will either be Mexican or Indian. I do love adventure in food. One of my favorite places is Epcot in Disney world. You can eat your way around the world.

9. Oh yea, I have been to India twice and it is one of my favorite places. You just can't imagine lots of people until you visit someplace like this. The people are wonderful and I now have several friends there.

10. I enjoy geocaching. If you have not heard about it, you can check it out at www.geocaching.com. It's kind of like modern day high-tech treasure hunting. (Back to that computer thing again)

Now you know a few things about me.

No comments: