About photoEdge

Waxhaw, NC, United States
photoEdge is a photography studio in Waxhaw, NC. My passion is photographing people, whether at weddings, as babies, or in families. You can check out my business web site at www.photo-edge.com.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Prize Winner


I borrowed a friend's slide scanner to scan some old photos that I have taken. I first got interested in photography while taking classes in high school. My parents bought me my first camera as a graduation present. During my first summer after high school, the local photography store sponsored a contest which I entered. The theme of the contest was to take a photo from the Flower Festival, which is the big local event every summer. Lompoc, California is the flower seed capital of the world, which might be important information to know. Anyway, here is the photo I entered that won first place. The prize was $50 which I used to purchase my first flash. In case you are wondering, it was the summer of 1979.

No comments: